LS Solutions LLC
To perform a relearn on a Passkey III system, make sure there is a fully charged battery in the
vehicle. If battery voltage is questionable, connect a battery charger to the battery to ensure power
is available while programming. When performing this relearn, all previously learned keys will be
erased. Additional keys may be relearned immediately after the first key has been learned by inserting
the additional key and turning the ignition switch to on within 10 seconds of removing the previously learned key.
Passkey III relearn:
1. Insert a master key (black head) into the ignition switch.
2. Turn key to the “ON” position without starting the engine*. Security light should turn on and
3. Wait for 10 minutes or until the security light turns off.
4. Turn key to the “OFF” position for 5 seconds.
5. Turn key to the “ON” position without starting the engine. Security light should turn on and
6. Wait for 10 minutes or until the security light turns off.
7. Turn key to the “OFF” position for 5 seconds.
8. Turn key to the “ON” position without starting the engine. Security light should turn on and
9. Wait for 10 minutes or until the security light turns off.
10. Turn key to the “OFF” position. The key transponder information will be learned on the next
11. Start the vehicle. If the vehicle starts and runs normally, the relearn is complete. If additional
keys need to be relearned:
12. Turn the key to the “OFF” position.
13. Insert the next key to be learned. Turn the key to the “ON” position within 10 seconds of
removing the previously used key.
14. Wait for security light to turn off. It should happen fairly quickly. You may not notice the
lamp, as the transponder value will be learned immediately
15. Repeat steps 12 through 14 for any additional keys.
* Certain vehicle models require the engine to be cranked to enter relearn mode. Crank the engine briefly,
allow the key to naturally fall back to the run position, do not turn the key off. Wait until the security light
goes out, then continue with step 4. Subsequent steps 5, 8, and any additional keys will require this brief
engine crank. Notable models requiring this process are the Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon and Hummer H3.
CASE relearn (Crank Angle Sensor Error) Active code P0315:
The PCM needs to learn the variability of the Crankshaft Position Sensor to better detect misfire
conditions. Whenever the PCM is replaced, the Crankshaft Position Sensor Relearn procedure
should be completed. The Crankshaft Position Sensor Relearn procedure requires the use
of a scan tool that has this feature equipped. The scan tool will walk the installer through the
procedure. Some of the steps to be expected are:
• Block drive wheels
• Apply parking brakes
• Cycling ignition on and off
• Apply and hold brake pedal. Note: Some applications will be instructed NOT to hold brake
pedal. Follow instructions on scan tool.
• Start engine
• Turn off A/C
• Place transmission in Park (automatic) or Neutral (manual)
• Increase engine RPM to value indicated on scan tool
• Release throttle when fuel cut-off occurs or if RPM value is exceeded.
Thank you for your purchase! Below are instructions for performing the Passkey III reset and the CASE relearn, should you need them.